Hernia is one of the most common surgical procedures around the world. A hernia is usually caused by a tear or weakness of the abdominal wall. Hernias can be of many types depending on their location and nature. Inguinal, umbilical, femoral, incisional and hiatal are a few examples.
Hernias can present as:
- Abdominal or groin discomfort
- A bulge beneath the skin
- Pain when you cough or lift a heavy object
- Vomiting or nausea with abdominal pain
Most hernia repairs, by a surgeon’s standard, are relatively straightforward and uncomplicated surgeries. Some hernias are more complex because of their location and/or size, or the patient has undergone previous surgeries that have not healed appropriately.
Whether you have a simple or a complex hernia, the experience of our surgeons gives our patients a greater likelihood of an uncomplicated outcome.
Some of the attributes of our specialized surgeons are:
- They perform more than 200 similar procedures a year.
- They are trained in different techniques including open, laparoscopic and robotic repair of hernia. They can therefore offer the best approach for your hernia repair.
- The surgeons regularly review their results in order to further enhance the quality of care.
- When dealing with an extraordinarily difficult hernia, the surgeons are able to discuss with each other the best approach preoperatively and can also have more than one expert surgeon available during the operation.
- Lastly, our surgeons aim to provide the most compassionate care for your ailment.